I could not believe my eyes as the lift blacked out and stopped moving. I could not believe my ears as the low rumbling of the lift slowly died down. Slowly, the light dimmed and i was plunged into total darkness. 'Oh no!', i thought. 'The lift must have stopped!'
I started panicking as i did not know what to do. For a start, i started pressing on the emergency bell button. The bell ringing echoed throughtout the lift as i hoped it would penatrate the ears of a passer-by. Minutes ticked by but no one came to help me. As i recalled back to the moment i stopped, i must be somewhere in the middle of the 7th and 8th floor. Why didn't it last for just 2 more floors? I live on the 10th floor and none of these would have happened if i made it before it broke down. Time flew passed and i started to get worried. I have alot of homework today and i can't finish it in time if this goes on. My fingers were already sore from pressing the button and i gave up. My bag weighed down on me like a boulder. I slumped onto the ground as i took out my phone. As expected, there was still no signal. My stomach rumbled as i wondered what time it was. The luminus digits of my watch shone through the darkness like a torch. My face fell as i saw that it was 7o'clock. I am supposed to have dinner now! I went into a 'craze' as i stood up and spammed on all the buttons.
After about a minute of spamming, i couldn't believe it as the light flickered on again. I jumped for joy as it moved up towards the 10th floor. I ran out of the lift in a blink of an eye and i reached my apartment in a flash. My mother was fuming when i entered the house wtihout letting me explain, she sent me off to my room without dinner. I sighed as my stomach growled and i settled down to start on my pile of homework for the day.
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Trapped (A problem I encountered)
Posted by Brian Tan at 5:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment