Thursday, January 28, 2010

My math test (Something that took place at school)


‘Ring…… ring!’ My alarm clock sounded. I got up drowsily and proceeded to the toilet to wash my face and brush my teeth. The clock hanging on the wall behind me showed 5.30am. I was not surprised that I had woken up 30 minutes earlier than normal as I was the one who set my alarm clock to go off earlier. Today was a very important day and I wanted to go to school earlier to prepare myself. Today was the day, the day of my first Math test of the year……

I left home as early as I could and walked quickly to the MRT station. The earlier I got to school, the more time I could revise for the test. The test was very important as it contributes to our overall percentage of the exams. I was worried I had not studied enough so I decided to go to school earlier to revise. I got onto the MRT and went around finding a seat so that I could sit down and study my Math notes. However, there were none and I had no choice but to stand. I tried to read my notes while standing but the train was shaking so violently that the words were a blur. I gave up when the train shook again and my books fell out of my hands. Attempt 1 to study: Failed

When I reached Bedok MRT, I got off and ran to the bus stop so as to not miss any bus and waste more time. However, the bus had not arrived when I reached and I tried to study while waiting for the bus. To my dismay, it was so dark that I cannot even see the words on my book. I had no choice but to wait for the bus to come before studying as the bus had the lights on every time.I was right. When the bus came, the ceiling light shone so brightly that reading was not a problem. However, I had the same problem as when I was on the train. There were no seats and the bus was shaking even more violently than the train. To avoid dropping my books again, I had no choice but to hold onto the handle and that leaves me with no hands to read my notes. Attempt 2 to study: Failed

After not being able to study after 2 attempts, I was so annoyed that I ran all the way up the 4 floors to my class. I looked at the clock and was relieved to see that I still had 20 more minutes to study before assembly. However, yet another problem cropped up. I saw on the whiteboard that the Science assignment I thought to be handing up next week was due today. I had no choice but to finish doing it as the Science lesson came before the test after school. By the time I finished, it was time to go to assembly. Then after that, I had no chance to study at all. Attempt 3 to study: Failed

I knew that my last chance to study was during recess. I had to ignore the temptations to go down as I saw everyone leaving the class. I was about to start studying when the monitor shooed me out of the class as students were not allowed to remained in class during recess. I had no choice but to go to the library. I cheered myself up when I remembered that the library was air-conditioned and it was a better environment to study. However, I was disappointed again as the library was full of students and all the chairs, benches and sofas were taken. I wanted to sit on the floor but was scolded by the librarian minutes later. I wandered around for a seat but the bell rang, signaling the end of recess. Attempt 4 to study: Failed

I was almost at the verge of tears when the thought of failing kept coming to my mind. My hands were trembling when the paper was passed down and I thought that I was doomed. I remembered that I was shivering when the teacher gave the command to start. I flipped the paper over and to my surprise; the first question was very easy. I kept my fists clenched as I turned over to the other page, having a feeling that it was going to be difficult. However, I was surprised again and again and again. The whole test was a piece of cake! As my stomach growled, I started thinking that I was the biggest idiot ever……

0 comments: